X.Org scripted installation / Proprietary ATI driver

Philipp Christian Loewner bOrgph at web.de
Tue Jun 10 18:46:56 PDT 2008

OK, I finally got that. So I just misinterpreted the
book at that passages.

Just to clear things up, I thought you would create
an enviroment that exits on errors so you wouldn't
mistakenly continue the build despite errors that cause
trouble afterwards. This seemed to me like a good
script-behaviour.
But of course, I didn't think about
the same need when manually entering a for loop
that scrolls by errors very fast.

Thanks for making that clear to me... I tend to look
at things like that only from my perspective without
questioning my understanding of the author's intention.

 - Philipp