Freetype-2.3.7 update in 6.3?

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 9 14:21:59 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 01:17:44PM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
> > I'm not sure I'm comfortable updating the 6.3 branch with this
> For good reason.  This *was* definitely an issue.  I think that libXfont
> was updated to 1.3 already, I can't remember and I'm not in a position
> to check ATM.  Anyway, here is a quote from Dan (ticket #2518) that
> describes the Freetype-2.3.5+ issue in detail (and a working fix, well
> actually this is the patch that broke things but reversing it should
> handle the issue fine for 2.3.7 and BLFS-6.3...I think):

 Thanks for the details.  I can't reproduce the failure to build
bdftopcf with what I think is a now slightly old 6.3 system
(libXfont-1.2.8, bdftopcf-1.0.1) with the upgraded freetype.

 I'm unsure where to go from here, it looks as if I might have broken
trunk as well as 6.3, for some combination of packages ?

ĸen