stty sane and xterm

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 19 17:10:21 PST 2008

This is a silly little issue that has bugged me for a while now, but it
disappears when I finally install gnome's term, so I've never bothered
to mess with it.  Anyway, 'stty sane' breaks the backspace character in
recent xterm.  I'm not sure if this is related to utf8 or not, can
anybody verify?  Anyway, the 'fix' (xterm -ie) is fairly easy for the
default xinitrc ($XORG_PREFIX/lib/xinit/xinitrc) and I wondered if this
should be added to the book in the configuring xorg page?  Better solution?

-- DJ Lucas