Xorg-7.3 and BLFS-6.3?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 5 12:13:03 PST 2008

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 06:28:03PM -0600, DJ Lucas wrote:
>
>> I'm definately not liking the ati drivers now either....
>>
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims not to support visual [insert every 0x??
>> here except 0x4b]
>>
>> Guess y'all seeing the same errors? but 196 is working?  I'm confused.
>> Think I'll try a few different ones.
>>

>  My Xorg log shows this for 0x23 to 0x32 with 196.  They're only
> warnings.  I've sometimes noticed occasional messages like this (say,
> one or two of the values) when I start an application from an xterm,
> but I don't do that very often.
>
> ĸen

Yeah...turns out to be an oldish mesa problem that I've never run across
or at least never noticed.  I get the same thing with 6.6.3 drivers, but
at least I can do better than 310x230 or whatever it was reporting.  I
think it was actually 640x480, but some weird 310 value is what the log
showed, xterms looked huge!  Anyway, I've dropped back to ati-6.6.3 and
upto xorg-server-1.4.0.90 + a few patches and am running happily at
1280x1024.  I can't get it into 1600, but I don't use it anyway, so I
haven't investigated yet.

-- DJ Lucas