Fonts and seamonkey

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 14:55:14 PST 2008

I'm having a minor problem that is bugging me.  Ever since we upgraded to trac
0.11, the mail messages we get from blfs-book have a Unicode ellipsis (...) for
the email addresses.  That is, something like bdubbs at ...

The problem I am having in seamonkey is that the ellipsis is coming out as �.
In hex, thats c3 a2 -- ef bf bd -- c5 a0.

I tried changing my mail character encoding to utf-8, but the font is a really
ugly one.  I'm using ISO-8859-15 and it is OK except for the unicode problem.

I suspect that Thunderbird would have the same problem.

I don't have any problems with the web portion of seamonkey as utf-8 seems to be
just fine there.

I'm looking for suggestions.  For instance, is there a font I can load that will
give a nice utf-8 appearance?

TIA