lesstif doesn't find Xrender by default

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 09:43:35 PST 2008

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Using the book's default instructions, I get the following output in the
> run of ./configure for lesstif-0.95.0...
>
> Checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h usability... no
> Checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h presence... no
The same problem does indeed occur on my system, however it is not
"broken" as a result of it. Lesstif compiles and functions perfectly
well without it, the only difference is the lack of Xrender.h causes
lesstif to not compile against XFT. After compiling and testing with
--x-includes and without it I can't actually notice any difference,
although I don't know if I'm using what XFT provides within my document
to provide a fair test. Perhaps someone could test this.