Freeglut requires GL/gl*.h

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 15 14:07:40 PST 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:57:08 -0800, "Dan Nicholson" <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> FreeGLUT depends on the GL implementation, which is Mesa. So, you'd
> have to install Mesa then FreeGLUT. FWIW, nothing else in the Xorg
> stack uses GLUT, so you can definitely postpone FreeGLUT until later.
> The GL headers come from Mesa.

Thanks to everyone for the clarification!  When I read 'MesaLib', then went to
'MesaGLUT' and from there to 'Freeglut' I'd gotten myself confused and thought
that Freeglut was an alternative to MesaLib!

Now that's cleared up, I'll gladly leave Freeglut out until I find something
that does need it.

Regards,

Matt.