Xorg-server and evdev driver

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 9 00:22:42 PST 2008

DJ Lucas wrote:
> Guys..got a little issue with xorg and the evdev driver in Gnome.  I
> have a Logitech keyboard (standard 105 US layout + multimedia keys with
> function lock).  This issue has been reported several times as evidence
> shown by Google.

Scratch that, the proposed fix does not work...still investigating.  I
do not see all of the issues mentioned in those threads, but I do see a
few of them... up arrow key does not work and invokes the gnome
screenshot, Alt+F2 does bring up the run dialog box as expected, after I
return from console 2, Ctrl+C sends Ctrl+Alt+Bksp (interesting), oh so
fun...OTOH, it just works with the kbd driver as opposed to evdev.
There are reports that KDE has some of the same problems.  More tomorrow.

-- DJ Lucas