ffMPEG

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 7 15:23:48 PST 2008

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 11:48:26PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  OK, I've now got the last snapshot from libswscale on 8th
> September, and I can see r15261 in the ffmpeg gitweb interface
> (8th September 13:37 +0000, next is at 14:24 - ok, that libswscale
> was at 12:36 so I assume they match.  Having said that, a lot of the
> libswscale fixes after that sound useful.

 I don't have a lot of formats to test it with, let alone most of
the dependencies in the book, but xine-lib builds against it and
ffplay works on ogg (i.e. theora) video, .wmv video, ogg audio, flac
audio (oh, xine works too, but I've still no idea how much of it is
used by xine).

 Uploaded to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/packages/ffmpeg-git-20080908.tar.bz2
 - anyone who understands video stuff, in particular "what gets used
when" please test and report back.

md5 is caa36b3d940eaca4d935867e9eeef188

 It's just the two separate git snapshots from the ffmpeg and
libswscale repos, plus a file documenting how I got it.

 Now I need to work out what else I have built which uses ffmpeg,
and confirm that I can rebuild that against it (instead of the
snapshot from October I was previously using).

ĸen