ffMPEG

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 6 15:48:26 PST 2008

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 04:02:21PM -0600, DJ Lucas wrote:
> Oops...forgot about it even being there.  libwscale is from an external
> repository...so when you export the tree...it's not there.  To create
> the tarball from dated snapshot, svn export . ../ffmpeg && cp -a
> libwscale ../ffmpeg/ && rm -rf ../ffmpeg/libwscale/.svn

 Thought I'd cracked it - checked out r15261, and it pulled in that
plus a version of libswscale.  Tarred it up without hte .svn files,
compared to my daily snapshot from 20081009.  The ffmpeg part looks
fine, I can see the differences in the revisions listed at
http://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/

 Libswscale is less good, seems to have pulled out trunk or head,
e.g. I've got a change from 20th November.  I think this is the one
that comes from a git repo.  I'm guessing I want a version of
libswscale from 8th September ?

 OK, I've now got the last snapshot from libswscale on 8th
September, and I can see r15261 in the ffmpeg gitweb interface
(8th September 13:37 +0000, next is at 14:24 - ok, that libswscale
was at 12:36 so I assume they match.  Having said that, a lot of the
libswscale fixes after that sound useful.

 I'll try untarring these snapshots tomorrow, merging them, and have
another go at seeing if it seems correct.  If it does, I'll try
building with it.  If not, the air will turn a bit more blue around
here.  Multiple repositories are a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(expletive deleted).

ĸen