ffMPEG

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 6 11:10:15 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 11:28:25PM -0600, DJ Lucas wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
> > *(September 8, 2008)* FFmpeg is undergoing major changes in its API/ABI.
> > The last valid revision for libavcodec version 51 is r15261.
> >
> > Guess we should go with this version for BLFS.  Anybody tried it yet?
> >
> BTW...after getting completely ticked off looking at it better than 100
> times to figure out why libswscale wouldn't export....I took a day off.
> Apparently I needed it...I have no better excuse than tired eyes. :-)
>
> Anyway, if you do an svn export (typical practice before generating a
> tarball), ffmpeg will not export correctly because libswscale/ is
> imported from another repo.   Do a cp -a and then remove libswscale/.svn.
>
> -- DJ Lucas

Tried your tarball earlier today:

Creating config.mak and config.h...
grep: /usr/src/ffmpeg-20080908-r15261/libswscale/swscale.h: No such
file or directory
./configure: line 2226: libswscale/libswscale.pc: No such file or
directory
./configure: line 2242: libswscale/libswscale-uninstalled.pc: No
such file or directory
./configure: line 631: libswscale/libswscale.pc: No such file or
directory
rm: cannot remove `libswscale/libswscale.pc.tmp': No such file or
directory

 For the moment I'll go back to the slightly newer random snapshot
I've been using.

ĸen