libidn update

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 1 02:29:49 PST 2008

Hello,

I'm writing here because I figured that someone knows more about this
than I do. BLFS currently has libidn-0.6.14 which was released in May of
2007. On libidn's home page, http://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/, there
is a note saying that libidn-1.0 was released in July of 2007 and it's
listing download locations on GNU's main ftp server instead of the alpha
ftp server. The latest stable version appears to be 1.9 which was
released in July of 2008.

Is there a particular reason that BLFS never updated (apart from lack of
time/resources)? I just want to make sure there's no technical reason.

--
JH