[BLFS Trac] #2518: Xorg-7.2 libXfont

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 30 20:07:23 PDT 2008

DJ Lucas wrote:
> As far as benefits of the Alexander's
> additional changes, we get rid of 5 unmaintained packages and two
> programs (xorgcfg?? and xorgconfig) that don't work anyway.  Because
> they are not used anymore, nobody has even noticed that these programs
> haven't worked since around Xorg-7.1.
Now that I've taken time to actually check into it these properly,
xorgcfg (gui) and xorgconfig look to be fine, though I didn't build
xorgcfg, the reason for them not working has either been fixed, or it
was a local issue.  The Cards and Options files are installed in
$XORG_PREFIX/lib/X11 as they are supposed to be....at least with current
instructions.  Also, the --disable-xorgconfig is not a valid switch.
Though these programs are probably used infrequently, if at all anymore,
it should be up to the user whether they are installed.

lbxproxy should definitely go, however, I am still looking for data to
support proxymngr being deprecated.  I can't find anything at all.
Looks like last real commit was back in June of 2006 -
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/proxymngr/ - unmaintained or just
mature?

-- DJ Lucas