[BLFS Trac] #2518: Xorg-7.2 libXfont

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 29 22:42:31 PDT 2008

DJ Lucas wrote these words on 04/30/08 00:24 CST:
> BLFS Trac wrote:
>> #2518: Xorg-7.2 libXfont
>>
>>  Policies are general rules.  Deviations for reasonable situations are OK.
>>  If you think it won't break anything, I say go ahead

Hopefully, everything will be simply commented out. I'd like to
leave any unused, but still in the book, text to remain there until
we cut this release. That way the source is a bit more preserved,
even though it may never be needed.

So there's no confusion, what I'm saying is that if there is text that
is going to be removed, let's try to comment it out instead of deleting
it.

> Well, since we are mucking with the installed files in Xorg-7.2 this
> close to release anyway, then why not go ahead and kill lbxproxy and
> proxymgr?  This closes ticket #2519.  Also get rid of the Xorg-Data page
> and replace it with xcursor-themes since that is all that is left of
> Xorg-Data.  I'll probably go ahead and test at least the "
> --disable-xorgconfig," and "--disable-xorgcfg" switches to the xserver,
> and the "--disable-static" switch to drivers now.  I'm not qualified to
> comment on the other two of Alexander's suggestions that I moved into
> ticket #2520.

It seems as though every time I want to make an announcement that
we're going to cut a BLFS-6.3rc release, there's some new thing that
prevents it. This again, is one of them. And I started the ticket.

Sigh....

Playing with Xorg files this late in the game is going to get us
what?

I simply brought up this ticket to find out what the root reason
was why freetype was goofing up in an unrelated situation, only
wanting to make sure that it didn't apply to the book as it stands
right now. . It was not meant to create a concern to update many
Xorg packages.

I'm content to leave things be if it works in a {,B}LFS-6.3
situation. Once we get 6.3 released, then we can do anything
as we're trying to match LFS SVN.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.22] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
00:31:00 up 72 days, 15:19, 1 user, load average: 0.92, 0.22, 0.07