[BLFS Trac] #2518: Xorg-7.2 libXfont

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 29 22:24:09 PDT 2008

BLFS Trac wrote:
> #2518: Xorg-7.2 libXfont
>
>  Policies are general rules.  Deviations for reasonable situations are OK.
>  If you think it won't break anything, I say go ahead.

Well, since we are mucking with the installed files in Xorg-7.2 this
close to release anyway, then why not go ahead and kill lbxproxy and
proxymgr?  This closes ticket #2519.  Also get rid of the Xorg-Data page
and replace it with xcursor-themes since that is all that is left of
Xorg-Data.  I'll probably go ahead and test at least the "
--disable-xorgconfig," and "--disable-xorgcfg" switches to the xserver,
and the "--disable-static" switch to drivers now.  I'm not qualified to
comment on the other two of Alexander's suggestions that I moved into
ticket #2520.

I have almost completed the _build_ of the above changes including most
packages, deviations follow: used libXfont-1.3.1 (as suggested in the
ticket); removed AppleWM and WindowsWM (proto and lib); removed
liblbxutil, lbxproxy, and proxymgr.

So far, all checks OK, but I'm still building with otherwise default
book instructions and it's finishing up fonts now.   It's otherwise  a
by the book, full build without deviations (except for lsb-v3
bootscripts in 6.3 LFS which should have no effect).  I'll be more than
happy to take care of some or all of the above, but I wanted to throw it
out there.  If one of y'all wants to edit the wget and md5s then please
go ahead and take care of them all at once (assuming I report back and
all is well).

-- DJ Lucas