LFS - DESTDIR Style (minor update)

Sukucorp Sukucorp sukucorp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 14:47:13 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Alexander E. Patrakov
<patrakov at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I cannot confirm this. Both with perl-5.8.8 and 5.10.0, the package installs
>  files into the DESTDIR, but it installs wrong files. See the URL above, I can
>  add nothing to what is already said there. If you insist on your point, please
>  provide full command lines starting with "perl Makefile.PL", and look into the
>  .packlist and perllocal.pod inside the DESTDIR.

I do the following when installing perl modules. Note that I install
all perl modules not packaged with perl into a seprate directory
/usr/lib/perl-addons and add it to perl's search path using the switch
-Dotherlibdirs=/usr/lib/perl-addons. This is to avoid having to mess
with the perllocal.pod that is installed by perl.

After installalling perl addon into DESTDIR:
	for F in $(find $DESTDIR -name .packlist)
	do
		sed -i "s:$DESTDIR::" $F
	done
	if [ -f $DESTDIR/usr/lib/perl-addons/perllocal.pod ]
	then
		mv -v $DESTDIR/usr/lib/perl-addons/perllocal.pod
$DESTDIR/usr/lib/perl-addons/$PACKAGE-perllocal.pod
	fi

And in the post-installation:
	cat /usr/lib/perl-addons/*-perllocal.pod >
/usr/lib/perl-addons/perllocal.pod 2>/dev/null

--
Tushar Teredesai
 mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org