Update in LSB investigation

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:27:32 PDT 2008

I got the initial setup to run the LSB tests.  To do that, I installed RPM, and

rpm --initdb
rpm --install --nodeps lsbsi-lsb-3.2.0-1.i486.rpm

 From there, a server is run and the interface is via a browser.

In the core tests, we did OK:

Total tests 	        148
Total tests expected 	148
Passed tests 	        132
Quelled problems 	  7
Failures 	          9

The failures here were just missing programs on my system:

at, batch - GNU, not in BLFS

crontab   - we use fcron in BLFS.  I don't know if a symlink from fcontab to
             crontab is valid or not.

install_initd, remove_initd - I'm not familiar with these.

mailx    - Heirloom mailx is in BLFS
pax      - Old GNU or Debian source, not in BLFS.
sendmail - several equivalents in BLFS
time     - Built into bash, but there is a GNU version.  Not in BLFS.

The quelled problems were due to an LSB trial use module: XDG

xdg-desktop-icon
xdg-desktop-menu
xdg-email
xdg-icon-resource
xdg-mime
xdg-open
xdg-screensaver

There are some xdg directories in KDE and OpenOffice.  The programs seem to be
in xdg-utils at http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/