BLFS 6.3 outstanding tickets

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:19:42 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Alexander E. Patrakov
<patrakov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>  > There are a few unclaimed 6.3 tickets that we need to address:
>  >
>  > http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/2065 : Sane UDEV
>  >
>  > Looks like this one should be handled by Randy or Alexander
>
>  Or retitled to "drop the usb group" and moved to the future, because it is a
>  too-big task for 6.3, involving other packages. The current "usb group"
>  (proposed by me long ago to compensate for the "hotplug" package being removed
>  from LFS-6.0) setup works, but is insecure.

Yeah, we should definitely strive for more fine-grained permissions.
I'd been planning to add libgphoto2 for a long time, and on my system
those devices go to the camera group. But usb group is more secure
than mode 666, so this isn't bad for now.

--
Dan