r7358 - trunk/BOOK

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:21:42 PDT 2008

Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Sorry, I hadn't thought about that, but I think I have a good way that
> works like Alexander suggested. Mesa uses something similar with
> makedepend. Attached is the diff. Let me know if this seems sane (it
> seems to be working for me in all the cases I can think of) and I'll
> commit it. It finds files named '*.xml' or '*.xsl' outside of tmp and
> .svn directories and adds them to a variable. The validxml target then
> requires all the files named in the variable. I tested things out by
> touching various files deep in the repo.

Try the following scenario:

1) Editor B checks out the book from SVN and renders it, thus creating the
"deps" file.
2) Editor A adds the package Foo, a changelog entry, and commits.
3) Editor B does "svn up" and renders the book.
4) Editor A fixes a small typo on the Foo page without altering the changelog,
and commits
5) Editor B does "svn up" and renders the book.

Will editor B pick up the typo fix in his rendered book after step 5?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov