Versioned BLFS files repo

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:19:19 PDT 2008

Been meaning to get to this for a long time...

There is currently a problem where the files repo
(http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/) is just a single flat
directory. However, the files that live here are referenced from
different versions of BLFS. This causes problems when the files
themselves are not versioned such as compressdoc and the Xorg modules
files. Consider compressdoc, where you copy and paste from the book,
or download the script.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/postlfs/compressdoc.html
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/postlfs/compressdoc.html

The scripts happen to be the same right now, but they will be
different soon when I apply some patches people sent in. Then if you
follow 6.2.0 and download the script, you will get something different
than what was in 6.2.0.

I propose that there be versioned subdirectories in
anduin.lfs.org/files/BLFS/. One for svn, one for 6.2.0, one for 6.3,
etc. This will require changes in the book entities as well as the
render script on anduin. I think I've gotten most of these
straightened out.

Furthermore, the links in the 6.2.0 book will not point to the new
location. To address this, I'd like to revert the files in the top
directory to their 6.2.0 state. Further accesses for SVN will be from
/files/BLFS/svn with the current copies.

Does anyone have a problem with that?

--
Dan