Upstream patches

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 22:50:04 PDT 2008

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:12:53 -0500
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have a problem with leaving upstream patches upstream, but we
> should probably have a copy in patches or at least on anduin and mention
> an md5 sum.   This combination will allow us to offer the patch if the
> upstream one is no longer available or there is a stealth upgrade (not
> changing the file name).

 a stealth upgrade!

and more important, have a proven copy of the 'old' version to diff
with.

I never could understand why LFS was so adamant that the only right way
to apply a patch was -Np1.  What's wrong with -Npx, where x is
documented, OK you also need to know where to be when you apply it,
but, hey, we are also teaching peeps how to do things.