Postfix Chroot

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 03:56:30 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 10:19 PM, DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Anyone have objections to forcing all chroot capable postfix daemons to
>  run chrooted by default?  I believe there is already precedence to do
>  this based on other package instructions.  This should probably wait
>  till after 6.3 because we are close to release.  The commands to setup
>  the environment would be:
>
>  Although I'm very confident in the instructions (especially since I just
>  tested them on a new box that will replace my existing server), I still
>  think it's too close to release for 6.3.  Assuming no objections, I'll
>  put these commands (or similar) into the wiki for possible inclusion
>  after the release.
>
>  -- DJ Lucas

Would be neat to see, I have seen this done for bind.

Few thoughts though,  Maildir's are in user's home folders.  Also, I
think postfix had the ability to run procmail (This is something I
haven't set up for a few years though, so I could be mistaken).  Will
chrooting affect this?

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------