Tidy CVS

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Tue Mar 27 11:50:51 PDT 2007

El Martes, 27 de Marzo de 2007 01:04, Randy McMurchy escribió:

> 3. I don't know how to check if the patch is still required. It doesn't
> apply any longer, as the function the patch changed has been renamed.
> I can't tell from the commit messages if anything to do with <pre> tags
> was fixed.

Checked and fixed upstream.

Using a non-patched old tidy:

        <pre class="userinput">
<kbd class="command">make -f Makefile-libbz2_so
make clean</kbd>
         </pre>

In (very) old browsers, that leads to an extra blank line at the top and
bottom for screen blocks.

With the patch, that just supress identation after <pre> and before </pre>:

        <pre class="userinput"><kbd class=
        "command">make -f Makefile-libbz2_so
make clean</kbd></pre>

With current tidy:

        <pre class="userinput">
<kbd class="command">make -f Makefile-libbz2_so
make clean</kbd>
</pre>

Current browsers ignores the line-break after <pre>, and having </pre> just at
the start-of-line prevent the bottom extra blank line.

The patch isn't need any more :-))

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia