trying build of PSI with google talk voice support

anirudh vij anirudhvij at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:21:01 PDT 2007

hi,
i was trying to build psi which can make voice calls to gtalk
clients(using libjingle dont have gaim installed.i dont have kerberos
either.
i first built ortp-0.7.1,then qca,theni built the qca cyrus-sasl plugin.
all went well till here.
on trying to build qca-tls , i got a make error:

/home/hackman/qca-tls-1.0  ./configure --qtdir=/usr/
--with-openssl-inc=/usr/include/ --with-openssl-lib=/usr/lib/
Configuring qca-tls ...
Verifying Qt 3.x Multithreaded (MT) build environment ... ok
Checking for OpenSSL ... yes

Good, your configure finished. Now run 'make'.

 /home/hackman/qca-tls-1.0  make
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -DQCA_PLUGIN -DOSSL_097
-DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED
-DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/share/qt/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/include
-I/usr//include/qt -o qca-tls.o qca-tls.cpp
qca-tls.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool
RSAKeyContext::createFromDER(const char*, unsigned int)':
qca-tls.cpp:457: error: invalid conversion from 'unsigned char**' to
'const unsigned char**'
qca-tls.cpp:457: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'RSA*
d2i_RSA_PUBKEY(RSA**, const unsigned char**, long int)'
qca-tls.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool
CertContext::createFromDER(const char*, unsigned int)':
qca-tls.cpp:802: error: invalid conversion from 'unsigned char**' to
'const unsigned char**'
qca-tls.cpp:802: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'X509*
d2i_X509(X509**, const unsigned char**, long int)'
make: *** [qca-tls.o] Error 1

this error is beyond my current ability of fixing :(.
i then tried to buil psi,which built perfectly,but without ssl support
alas!!without ssl support which is provided by qca-tls, i cant connect
to googletalk,and the whole purpose of building psi is lost!!

a newer version of qca-tls is available in svn from websvn.kde.org.But
my college proxy doesnt allow me access to svn or cvs repositories .
i'd be grateful if someone could tell me how to fix this make error.It
would be great to make calls  to my friends who have gtalk!!