Tidy CVS

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:00:36 PDT 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 03/26/07 18:21 CST:
>
>> Nice.  One suggestion though.  Can you package up the app after the sh
>> build/gnuauto/setup.sh so it becomes a pure CMMI app?
>
> Yes, that would be simple. At the expense of a larger tarball. Is there
> any reason to worry about using 'all new' versions of the autotools?
> This is why I didn't package it in CMMI style.

I don't know if its just my autotools, but I get:

 running: libtoolize --force --copy
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
running: aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/xmms.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of
XMMS_TEST_VERSION
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/xmms.m4:62: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_XMMS
/usr/share/aclocal/speex.m4:10: warning: underquoted definition of
XIPH_PATH_SPEEX
/usr/share/aclocal/nspr.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_NSPR
/usr/share/aclocal/libfame.m4:6: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_LIBFAME
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:167: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GTK
/usr/share/aclocal/glib.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_GLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/audiofile.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE
/usr/share/aclocal/aalib.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_AAL

I do get the underquoted warnings every time I run autotools. None of
these are in the autoconf or automake packages but I suppose they are
dropped in when building other things.  It's curious why they would be
accessed when not asked for.

I do have autoconf-2.59 and automake-1.9.6 on this system.  They're a
little dated, but not that much.

The file sizes are 870911 vs 454401.  The larger one is small enough to
fit on a floppy so size really shouldn't be a factor.