[new XSL] The Index generation

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:24:03 PDT 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> M.Canales.es wrote these words on 03/26/07 15:44 CST:
>> El Lunes, 26 de Marzo de 2007 22:31, Bruce Dubbs escribió:
>>
>>> A table of contents for each chapter would be useful,
>> That is easy to add, if wanted. In the first times it was here, but latter was
>> decided to remove it, I don't remember wy.
>
> I can't honestly say I'd find individual chapter indexes
> useful. Chances are someone is using the index to find out
> what chapter/file something is in. Seems it would be frustrating.
> Perhaps I'm not thinking it through, though.

What I was think of is when a user hits the 'Up' link and goes to the
start of the chapter.  There is no way to navigate back into the chapter
except via 'Next'.  The 'Up' to a Part gives a useful TOC for navigation.

Right now, IMO, the 'Up' function from a package page is not very
useful.  Perhaps they should go all the way to the Part TOC instead of
the first package in the chapter.