thunderbird + firefox: 1.5.0.9 -> 1.5.0.10 (system_nss patch)

Jens Stroebel drifter at bcsoft.de
Wed Mar 21 05:41:04 PDT 2007

		Hi out there.

Due to the mozilla security announcements
 ( http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/ )
concerning versions 1.5.0.9, I was inclined to upgrade both to 1.5.0.10.
I had to recognize that, while the pago-patch from BLFS still applies,
the system_nss patch didn't like to do so.
(Upgraded nss to 3.11.5
[
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_11_5_RTM/src/nss-3.11.5-with-nspr-4.6.5.tar.gz
]
 , too, by the way)

I massaged the patches (for firefox as well as for thunderbird) to apply
again, but I am not in a position to judge if I "did it right", apart
from both now applying and both apps compiling and running afterwards.

If the actual maintainer of these patches might take a look at them and
correcting eventual errors, the build instructions in the BLFS(-devel)
would apply to (firefox-|thunderbird-)1.5.0.10 with working results, as
far as I could see (changing the version-numbers as they appear
explicitely would, of course, also be needed).

You'll find the two changed patches attached to this message.

		Greets,
		  Jens
drifter at bcsoft.de
			23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion