Cairo again

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:04:27 PDT 2007

Cairo-1.4.2 just got released.  My hanging problem is solved.  (I think
they removed the test.)  I got an answer on the mailing list that the
hang problem was know, but they don't have a fix.  It seems to be pretty
complicated with an interaction between their code and X.

To me the only thing that could hang everything would be a corruption of
the kernel through the X driver.  Complicated stuff.

In any case, I can run the tests in X and get:

18 of 122 tests failed

FAIL: clip-operator
FAIL: dash-scale
FAIL: dash-state
FAIL: font-matrix-translation
FAIL: glyph-cache-pressure
FAIL: operator-clear
FAIL: operator-source
FAIL: pixman-rotate
FAIL: random-intersections
FAIL: rotate-image-surface-paint
FAIL: select-font-face
FAIL: show-text-current-point
FAIL: source-clip-scale
FAIL: text-antialias-gray
FAIL: text-pattern
FAIL: text-rotate
FAIL: unbounded-operator
FAIL: ft-text-vertical-layout-type3

We probably ought to upgrade right away.  Randy, do you want me to test
with gtk+2, poppler, and librsvg too?  I probably should but I'm too
tired tonight.