cairo-1.4.0 test suite

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:51:35 PDT 2007

On 3/18/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 03/18/07 11:58 CST:
>
> > Sometimes developers will update their program and not update their test
> > suites and have some tests become invalid.  I wonder if this is the case
> > here.
>
> Not sure. But what I'm looking for is someone to verify that the
> tests fail for them as well. I can't determine if it is the package,
> or my installation of it.

Can't say that I run the testsuite myself usually. However, I do read
the cairo list archives pretty often. The testsuite is a very well
exercised part of their development process and I think it should pass
all tests or have XFAILs for known failures. Here's a recent message
indicating that:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-February/009649.html

I don't know how much effort you want to put into this. I just thought
I toss in my understanding of the upstream situation.

--
Dan