cairo-1.4.0 test suite

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 17 16:04:22 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'd like to update the book with the current GLib, cairo, GTK+,
pango and ATK stack, but I'm sort of stuck with what to do about
cairo. The test suite does not behave properly. This is new to this
version. Up till now I've always had cairo pass all the tests.

First, I had the Glitz backend activated, and I didn't run the
tests from a GL equipped xterm and the test actually stops and never
finishes after crashing. Running the test on the console in X mode,
ran okay, but I didn't have Ghostscript installed, so it bombs almost
*every* test because it cannot find a gs executable.

Then after installing gs, there are still 18 out of the 121 tests
that fail, most of them related to pixel differences in png images.

Any suggestions? Anyone else seeing these test failures?
(note that I deactivated the experimental backends, glitz and XCB,
and the tests still failed.)

--
Randy

17:56:00 up 8 days, 15:55, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00