Dash.

Ag. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 12:36:32 PDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, at 05:46 Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> >> Correcting. There are 8 important patches under dash-0.5.3/debian/diff that
> >> get applied during the build.
> >>

> > Thanks Alexander,
> >
> > New patch attached, please comment if you see something wrong with it.
>
> It is completely wrong. Not the Debian patch should be applied, but the
> patches from debian/diff directory. It is customary for Debian to put many
> separate patches into their diff.gz file, and apply them from the
> debian/rules file.

Alexander,

I never thank you for you help in this matter.

Now:
Do you think that worths a note, ( 1 section in Notes on Building Software ) about the
way debian is building packages and apply patches?
Maybe also how to navigate in their specs file and find the desired
building info.

Also I can donate two-three links, placed at the end of this same page -
probably with the flag such 'useful' and 'recommended'.

http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/allpackages.html
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/
http://www.diy.org
http://trac.paldo.org/browser/trunk/specs

Also I think a separate page for how to obtain the sources it's too
much. I am talking about 'Getting the Source Packages' page.

Maybe it can be combined with the 'Notes on Building Software' page.