Dash.

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 10:16:25 PDT 2007

On 3/16/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 03/16/07 09:27 CST:
>
> > It just needs some LFS boilerplate at the top. That's everything
> > upstream + LC_ALL=C in the mkbuiltins script that I sent him and he
> > said he would apply.
>
> How many patches are there? I am not a fan of making global patches
> to include many different patches (sometime it cannot be avoided).
>
> I would prefer not to do the LC_ALL=C thing in patch, though. If
> it must be a patch, it would have to be a separate one.

There are ~8 commits upstream since 0.5.3. Most of them are bug fixes
that we might want, but some seem like they are trivial corner cases.
Ubuntu only applies two of the commits, and they use dash as /bin/sh.

One of the commits is to add libedit support, which requires the
autotools be regenerated. We could probably do without this part since
I don't think anyone here wants libedit.

The LC_ALL we can certainly leave out and put in the book. Hopefully,
the maintainer was being honest when he said he would do 0.5.4 and we
can just get the commits.

I'm gonna take a look at the patches in the Ubuntu package.

--
Dan