dhcp-3.0.2 dhclient-script fails to update resolv.conf with null domain-name

Jonathan Oksman jonathan.oksman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:23:34 PDT 2007

On 10/14/06, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> > So, I grabbed the latest development version and diffed the scripts.
> > See attached. Jonathan, could you test this out? I'm sure it works,
> > but it would be great to get another vote of confidence.
>
> Whoops. Diffed against he previously patched script. Here's the real diff.
>
> --
> Dan

Hi Dan,

I was going over blfs-dev messages that I skipped over due to time
constraints in the past few months and noticed that I completely
missed this one when it came in, sorry about that!

It's a bit late, but I just applied the patch you sent in the mailing
list to try it out.  For the record the patch works perfectly!

I just did a quick reference between BLFS 6.1 and 6.2, and I gather
that would be the dhcp-3.0.5-client_dns-1.patch that you added?

Take care,

Jonathan