Dash. [Was: Re: Exporting $PS1.]

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 07:16:25 PDT 2007

On 3/16/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> > I didn't applied the debian patch since from what I've saw it's debian
> > specific stuff (correct me if I am wrong).
>
> Correcting. There are 8 important patches under dash-0.5.3/debian/diff that
> get applied during the build.

I emailed the maintainer yesterday. He seemed receptive to the idea of
making a 0.5.4 release and said he would work on it right away. So,
well see.

Anyway, I made a patch pulling in all the upstream fixes, regenerated
the autotools, and added my not yet committed LC_ALL=C for sorting
script fix. It's a fairly big patch since I think I was using newer
versions of autoconf/automake than originally used.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/patches/dash-0.5.3-upstream.patch

This patch also adds an optional dependency on libedit.

--
Dan