Dash. [Was: Re: Exporting $PS1.]

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:57:25 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:

> +1. Patch looks good to me. I'm curious to hear about the dropping Ash
> part of the equation from others, but I think Dash could be added
> regardless.

I don't have any objections to dropping ash for dash, but I think that
should be Randy's call.

Personally, I don't use either and don't really see the need for either
unless you are trying to build a bootable floppy.  With today's
hardware, does 1.1M really make a difference?

My biggest objection to {,d}ash is that it doesn't use readline.  That
makes it infeasible (for me) to use interactively.  Additionally, I like
the extra flexibility of the bash extensions for scripts.