Bad situation with HAL and xfce-4.4.0

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:51:58 PDT 2007

On 3/11/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:

> This is possible. But at least part of the discussion belongs on HAL page
> (currently commented out because it no longer applies in its present form).
> So: common theory on HAL page once it becomes clear (including the kernel
> note), and desktop-specific details on the page of each desktop. Is this OK?

We used to have example configuration for HAL to allow passing more
mount options to VFAT (maybe NTFS, too). Does that solve this issue?
AFAIK, it's still applicable in hal-0.5.7.1 and is just commented in
the book.

If it is applicable but the present form just needs to be fixed, I'll
be happy to work on it. It's always something I meant to do, but never
got around to it since the chances that I use non-ASCII filenames are
low (read: little motivation).

Am I on crack here?

--
Dan