Bad situation with HAL and xfce-4.4.0

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Mar 11 09:05:53 PDT 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote these words on 03/11/07 10:15 CST:
>
>> What should be done?
>
> What about you doing whatever is necessary on the LiveCD to correctly
> support all locales, and we place a note on the XFCE page that you
> *may* need to rebuild your kernel with a correctly specified
> CONFIG_NLS_DEFAULT setting to achieve proper automounting?

This is possible. But at least part of the discussion belongs on HAL page
(currently commented out because it no longer applies in its present form).
So: common theory on HAL page once it becomes clear (including the kernel
note), and desktop-specific details on the page of each desktop. Is this OK?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov