ESP Ghostscript init files location (8.15<->8.15.2 subdir)

Jens Stroebel drifter at bcsoft.de
Fri Mar 9 10:21:21 PST 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:29:20AM -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 3/9/07, Jens Stroebel <drifter at bcsoft.de> wrote:
> >
> > During the install of the ESP Ghostscript package and it's use in the
> > resulting system, I had to create a link
> >    /usr/share/ghostscript/8.15 -> 8.15.2
> > to enable gs to find it's initialization files (gs_init.ps et al.).
>
> I wonder why this hasn't come up before. Could you give me a sample
> command and output so I can see the breakage? I'll certainly add the
> text if I can see how things are broken, but I'd rather fix it at the
> source of the problem instead of just creating symlinks.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but...

For example:
drifter at matthew:~/> gs -dx11 /home/drifter/linuxworld-article.ps
ESP Ghostscript 815.02: Can't find initialization file gs_init.ps.

After creation of link:
drifter at matthew:~/> gs -dx11 /home/drifter/linuxworld-article.ps
ESP Ghostscript 815.02 (2006-04-19)
Copyright (C) 2004 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
>>showpage, press <return> to continue<<
 (of course, the corresponding window didn't appear in case 1
   but did so w.o. problems in case 2)

			greets,
			  Jens
drifter at bcsoft.de