A minor diff to update the vim patchlevel and a question.

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:42:17 PST 2007

On 3/8/07, Ag. Hatzimanikas <a.hatzim at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no doubts that your approach -and Bruce seems to agree also- is the
> most right one,but the problem I see is that we are splitting stuff all over the
> place (3 pages in 2 books -3 configurations also) and it's just one package.
>
> Another thing(s) that we can do is to move some generic option from vimrc page to
> vim.xml in LFS (and remove the vimrc page in BLFS) and then put every gui option in
> vim.xml.

+1. It seems odd to have so many pages about a text editor. Maybe even
some of the fancier non-gui configuration stuff could continue to live
in BLFS on the Vim page. But, I think I agree with Ag that the BLFS
vimrc page should go and that info should be moved elsewhere. Having
sane shell settings and customizing your text editors configuration
don't fall into the same category in my book.

Again, though, I hardly use vim (read: only in emergencies when I
forgot to set EDITOR), so I'll defer to you guys on this.

--
Dan