fortune-mod

Ag. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 23:43:09 PST 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, at 12:59 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote:
>
> > I can make you a good list of packages that are worthwhile and add
> > a considering value to another package,like the 'live media' for
> > MPlayer.
>
> I suppose in my recent exodus from BLFS mailing lists,
> I missed your proposal to add the package. I didn't
> notice a Trac ticket either. I will go back and review
> to ensure that it was just my oversight.

Aha,it seems that you have found your sense of humor again.

> Some folks (such as you) have the skill and desire to
> contribute a patch that would add such a package to the
> book.

Thats a dirty lie or at least a misunderstanding from your side.
I though you could 'read' well the people but apparently I was mistaken.

I am a total 'dumb' and a careless 'noob' to all this stuff but yes
I am not afraid to do mistakes. In fact public mistakes are desirable in
my occasion. I grown up with the wrong believe that I should be perfect.

> Alas, I missed that message as well.

Give me some time to explore the system and I will provide you (even with my
limited knowledge) some more patches.
I guess even a not well written patch is better than nothing,is that
right?
Unfortunately we don't have many people in user base to care about
development and that is a shame.

In fact (and that is a public confession) that was the main reason for
refusing your proposal in January,besides the family reasons that you already know.
I am acting and feeling better in the position of a simple user and this is
where I want to stay.
I just hoped that there would a midfield that it could be possible to do some
commits without bothering you all the time and yet not be a part of the development
team.