A minor diff to update the vim patchlevel and a question.

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:22:33 PST 2007

Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote:

> Now.I would like to update the vimrc page.I think it doesn't provide
> any serious enhancement as it claims.

Those are good ideas, but we all have different ways of working.  For
example, below is mine.  I don't use the graphic version so those areas
are not applicable to me.

  -- Bruce

$ cat /etc/vimrc
" Begin vimrc

set nocompatible
set backspace=2
syntax on

set expandtab
set tabstop=4
set shiftwidth=4
set laststatus=2
set background=dark
set ai
set backup
set viminfo='20,\"50    " read/write a .viminfo file, don't store more
                        " than 50 lines of registers
set history=50          " keep 50 lines of command line history
set ruler
set hlsearch

augroup cprog
 " Remove all cprog autocommands
 au!

 " When starting to edit a file:
 "   For C and C++ files set formatting of comments and set C-indenting on.
 "   For other files switch it off.
 "   Don't change the order, it's important that the line with * comes
first.
 autocmd FileType *      set formatoptions=tcql nocindent comments&
 autocmd FileType c,cpp  set formatoptions=croql cindent
comments=sr:/*,mb:*,el:*/,://
augroup END

" End vimrc

And lately I added:

$ cat .vimrc
nnoremap \tl :set invlist list?<CR>
nmap <F2> \tl

nnoremap \tai :set invai ai?<CR>
nmap <F3> \tai

nnoremap \tcl :set invcursorline cursorline?<CR>
nmap <F4> \tcl

nnoremap \tnum :set invnumber number?<CR>
nmap <F5> \tnum