new package: ksh

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 3 09:19:25 PST 2007

Hey guys.  A couple of quick questions.  The new JDK build want's ksh,
so it'll have to be added to BLFS.  Problem is, it requires several
other packages from AT&T's open-ast project for the build of ksh only.
I haven't looked into it too deeply (I'm seeking community approval for
the alternative below), but I could add all of the packages to the book
(ast-lib, nmake, pax, tw, sfio, INIT, and ksh).  Debian provides a
single source tarball (ksh_93r-orig.tar.gz) that includes INIT and
ast-base (all of the above except INIT).  Since the other ast open
packages are used only for the build, does anyone have a problem with 1.
using the Debian source tarball, and 2. calling the package ksh only
since that is all that would be installed (or needed beyond build
time)?  That is unless anybody knows of an autotooled version of ksh
that doesn't require ast-lib.

Thanks.

-- DJ Lucas