PostgreSQL

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:14:04 PST 2007

On 3/1/07, David Jensen <djensen at inebraska.com> wrote:
> Attempting to update svn to PostgreSQL-8.2.3:
>
> the http download url is anduin, I don't believe I can upload to the
> required directory, its root:root.
>
> Things have changed since I was really actively editing.  I know from a
> brief stint in Sept/Oct I do not need to update anduin, but I wonder,
> the address is in the BOOK, different than usual.

Hmm, that's weird. We don't do that anywhere else in the book from
what I can tell. Also, the sources on anduin should update
automatically from the book sources. I think this is what the mirrors
sync to.

Other packages where there's only one available url have the other
left blank (like all the Sourceforge ones).

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/x/mesalib.html

So, I'd empty the http url unless it's the only one available. And if
you want to keep it, you should just be able to change the link, and
it will the should be there after the next cron job on anduin.

--
Dan