firefox 1.5 vs 2

fenna fenna at erpel.demon.nl
Thu Mar 1 15:30:57 PST 2007

Hi All,

Recently Mozilla came up with a security update of the firefox-1.5
browser (firefox-1.5.0.10)
the pango patch aplies cleanly, but not the nss patch (both intended for
the 1.5.0.9 version)
after some tinkering I came up with a modified patch
(firefox-1.5.0.10-system_nss-1.patch), attached to this e-mail.
This patch seems to work on my system (a slightly modified lfs-6.2 with
stock blfs-6.2.0) (the lfs-6.2 is synched with lfs-svn-20070203 on
kernel(headers),udev,sysklogd, util-linux, vim and bootscripts). A full
package list is available for interested parties.

Also on the website of mozilla it is mentioned that security updates on
the 1.5 branche will stop on april 24th 2007, so I suggest blfs-svn to
move firefox to the 2.0 branch. I would be interested in taking up that
challange, but may not have time available on a structural basis.

comments on both the patch and my suggestion are appreciated :)

regards, Fenna