dbus-python error

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 25 18:16:56 PDT 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote these words on 07/25/07 14:43 CST:
>
>> Guys, I'm getting an error in dbus-python installation.
>>

> I'm not seeing it. Compiles fine for me. Here's my stack:
>
> rml at rmlinux: ~/build > find Sources -name "*py*"
> Sources/GNOME2/gnome-python-desktop-2.18.0.tar.gz
> Sources/Non_BLFS/gnome-python-2.18.2.tar.gz
> Sources/Non_BLFS/pycairo-1.4.0.tar.gz
> Sources/Non_BLFS/pyorbit-2.14.3.tar.gz
> Sources/Non_BLFS/pygtk-2.10.6.tar.gz
> Sources/Non_BLFS/pygobject-2.12.3.tar.gz
> Sources/BLFS/dbus-python-0.82.0.tar.gz

Thank you.  Only the version of pyorbit differs.  I wonder what the heck
is up then.  I thought maybe it was a naming change or something, but
the older versions give me the same problem.  Guess I can rip out
/usr/lib/python-2.5 for the moment and do a completely clean
installation and see what happens.  I'm not really sure I understand the
problem, not knowing python very well.  Ahh...looking in site, it's only
about 20, maybe 25 packages...but it'll have to wait for tomorrow.

> DJ, any chance you can fix the clock in your machine so that the emails
> come into my inbox somewhat orderly? You seem to be running about
> 5 hours wrong (UTC vs. your time zone, perhaps?).

Oops.  Thanks.

-- DJ Lucas