Xorg wget download links

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 09:37:13 PDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/07, taipan67 <sysadm.taipan67 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > ...I also think it's a bit redundant having the same 'md5sum' link on
> > every page. The ideal would be to split it into categories, & then each
> > md5sum-file could be saved at the same time as the sources & used with
> > the '-c' option to check the downloaded files en masse. I'm building
> > Xorg-7.2 at the moment, & even if i was strictly adherring to the book &
> > scripting each section, that 'md5sum -c' option would still spew out
> > loads of annoying errors. As it is, i'm manually checking each package's
> > md5sum as i go, because i'm building them selectively, one at a time
> > (i'm including xcb to see how the updates go...).
>
> Yeah, that's bothered me a bunch, too. Especially since the book tells
> you to make separate subdirectories for each section: mkdir proto; cd
> proto, etc. I could easily split the md5sums file up. Then we'd have
> something like lib-7.2.wget, lib-7.2.md5, etc. As it is, it's sort of
> a pain to generate the md5sums file, and I have a sort of managed
> script to handle these details. The process gets a little easier every
> time, but it's still kind of error prone.

So, I don't know if a consensus was ever reached in this discussion,
but I committed what I came up with. The wget files now show up in the
Additional Downloads section. Additionally, there are now per-section
md5sum files. I also updated the Introduction sample script to
hopefully mirror the process.

Commits are r6946 and r6947. CC'd alfs since this probably breaks the
Xorg setup. Holler if you have a problem with this.

--
Dan