Subversion-1.4.4 Perl Bindings (was: Re: suggestion ...)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:45:14 PDT 2007

On 7/16/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 07/11/07 16:42 CST:
>
> > Randy, two things about swig. I've built the svn swig bindings. In
> > fact, I use the perl ones daily through git-svn.
>
> Dan, I'm having issues trying to build the swig (Perl) bindings in
> Subversion-1.4.4. I have proper version of swig, and the Python and
> Ruby bindings build just fine. The Perl bindings bomb immediately,
> and the log shows the first thing failing as having to do with the
> Apache APR headers.
>
> Any ides?

Yeah, I've been meaning to put this in forever, but always put it off.

sed -i.bak 's/@SVN_APR_INCLUDES@/& @CPPFLAGS@/' \
        subversion/bindings/swig/perl/native/Makefile.PL.in

The perl bindings need to know about the defines for apr and apr-util.
These are stored in CPPFLAGS during configure, but unfortunately never
substituted. Basically, you need the output from `apr-1-config
--cppflags'.

--
Dan