D-Bus/HAL + KDE?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 12:27:47 PDT 2007

On 7/14/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> BTW, I'm using HAL-0.5.9.1 and the most recent hal-info tarball using
> the book instructions. Seems to be fine. If you want, I can update the
> book. One thing I did was modify the configure script so that it will
> accept the most recent version of parted. Not sure if that was a good
> thing or not, but it built without issue.

Sure, hal update should be fine. One thing is that Python is truly
optional (just for the device-manager) since they accepted my patch.
Parted update should be OK. They've been pretty much blindly bumping
it along upstream while occasionally poking the parted maintainer to
stabilize his API.

And if you ever see hal-info updates, they should be good to go
straight in. That was the entire point of splitting it out from hal
proper.

--
Dan