D-Bus/HAL + KDE?

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 14 11:43:33 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 07/12/07 08:11 CST:

> Thanks for your help, Jens. That's what happened when I tested them,
> too. Randy, how do you feel about using the snapshot I rolled a few
> months ago for the D-Bus Qt3 bindings and putting it on anduin?
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/downloads/dbus-qt3-0.62.tar.bz2

Okay. Built, tested and approved using KDE-3.5.7. :-)

I'll stick the tarball on Anduin and add it to the D-Bus Bindings page.
Then I'll update where appropriate in the packages that have QT D-Bus
bindings dependencies.

Though the tarball you created is fairly old, it is exactly what we
need, so no sense in creating a new one. Thanks, Dan.

BTW, I'm using HAL-0.5.9.1 and the most recent hal-info tarball using
the book instructions. Seems to be fine. If you want, I can update the
book. One thing I did was modify the configure script so that it will
accept the most recent version of parted. Not sure if that was a good
thing or not, but it built without issue.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
13:34:00 up 2 days, 6:41, 1 user, load average: 0.20, 0.06, 0.02