Xorg wget download links

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 12 18:03:46 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 07/12/07 19:17 CST:

> I was playing with this a bit. It's not too bad, but the problem is
> that Xorg is such a big job as it is that the Wiki just seems like a
> lot of extra effort. I'm not sure there's really a ton of benefit for
> having individual links for each tarball. There are other things I
> think that would be a lot more interesting to have on the Wiki.

I thought about that earlier. We could just put a URL out there
(Anduin?) with the links on it, and link to it on the man X pages
for folks that want it. That would be easier than Wiki, I suppose.
But I'm like you Dan, I don't see a great need, when we have thi
slick wget thing.

BTW, I've meant to say this the last few times, and then forget.
We could add some error checking to the download snippet on the X
pages. Just to make sure each file is downloaded properly before
going to the next one. I realize an MD5 sum at the end of the
download would work, but why not identify an issue as soon as it
is recognized?

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]